Every time I come to NY it reminds me of how much of a city girl I am. I was born and raised in the Boston area and lived in the city all throughout college. Taking the train and walking miles a day were second nature to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love LA but the city will always have a special place in my heart.
Here are a few reasons why I love NY.
- I LOVE WALKING – Everyday I was in the city I walked about 8 miles. That’s insane to think about. Yes my feet did hurt but I’m sure my heart is very happy. It’s like you don’t even need to work out as much living in the city with all the walking!
- FOOD STORES STAY OPEN LATE– There’s not many places you can order food at 3am! My greedy side is always very happy here.
- THERE’S SO MUCH ENERGY IN THE AIR– NY is always bustling with people. There is just an energy in the air that makes you want to get up and do things!
- SO MANY PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS-This is one of my favorite parts. It’s rare you’re going to go somewhere in the city and not see someone who looks like you. There are so many people from all walks of life everywhere you go. I just love it!
- THE HUSTLE IS REAL– It is all about the grind out here. That’s the East Coast in me that I love. People are about their business and they don’t mess around.
- EASY TRANSPORTATION– Although the weekend trains are poo (so many delayss) I love that you have the option to walk, take an Lyft, or just hop on the train in NY.
- SO MANY PEOPLE WITH STYLE– I love love love people watching in NYC, there are so many people with their own unique individual style it’s inspiring to see people express themselves through clothes, that’s the reason I fell in love with fashion in the first place.
What’s funny is that when I lived in Boston people asked me if I was from NY and when I lived in LA people asked me if I was from NY. I think it’s a sign. I’m so happy in NY, I’ve met so many friends here that it makes my experience when I visit that much more fun.