I saw my friend Chanelle post sweet potato hash on her Insta-stories as I was literally on my way to the grocery store so I decided to make my own recipe! I mentioned before that I basically grew up vegetarian and I noticed as an adult since consuming way more meat then I did as a child, I often feel tired, sick and bloated. So I’m trying to mimic my childhood diet by limiting my meat intake and cooking more vegetarian meals.
The recipe is super duper easy and I can’t believe how delicious it came out. I’m usually ok with eating healthy but sometimes you just suck it up cause it’s good for you and you don’t really enjoy it. This was seriously BOMB, I literally licked my plate when I was done. I loved it so much I wanted to share the recipe. If your looking for an easy, quick, healthy and DELICIOUS recipe this one is for you!
Directions (1 serving):
- Peel and chop 1 large sweet potato, add to a medium hot skillet with olive oil and water. Add salt and pepper and cover the pan to let the potatoes soften.
- Chop 1/2 of a small red onion and dice 1/2 half of a small white onion. Minch 3 garlic cloves.
- When the potatoes have softened about halfway add the onions and let them simmer (feel free to add oil or water as you go so it doesn’t dry out)
- Once the onions have softened a bit, add the garlic.
- When the potatoes are pretty much finished add 1-2 cups of fresh Kale. Add salt pepper and turmeric to taste. (Tumeric is SOO good for you, I try to add it in my food as much as possible, read it’s benefits here )
- Cover and let it simmer.
If you try this recipe let me know how you like it, I’m going to make it tonight again! lol